Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Character Love

There are characters out there that you simply love and then there are characters that you love to hate too, right? Well, I want to tell you all about a character that I both love and hate.

Cole from Everneath by Brodi Ashton (Jan.2012)


Meet Cole:
'I had been in his arms, but I hadn't seen his face for a century. It was the same. His blond hair framed dark eyes--eyes that were wide open in surprise. His gaze roved over my face, my body.'

And here's why I 'hate' him:
'"Why? YOu wanted to know what happens at the Shop-N-Go. Let's find out, shall we?" He forced me closer to the window.'

And here's why I love him:
"Sometimes..." He pauses and squeezes his eyes shut. "Sometimes our hearts...crack a little."

Yes, I love and hate Cole. I think he's an amazing character for this too. He's layered so well that throughout the book I rooted for him, I couldn't stand him, and then all of a sudden I liked him again. He shows so much about himself piece by stubborn piece throughout the book. All of his faults and his little endearing bits kept me going and wanting more of him! I think it takes an excellent, well-written character (and amazing author, of course) to do that.

So what about you guys? Any characters out there that you love to hate?









1 comment:

  1. Thanks, gals! I love to hate Cole too. Even worse, I hate to love him so much. :)

    ReplyDelete