Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Procrastination, FTW...?


I like work. It fascinates me. I sit and look at it for hours. ~ Anonymous

The best part about procrastination is that you are never bored, because you have all kinds of things that you should be doing. ~ Anonymous
I mastered this technique in college called procrastination. It's something that I needed to learn desperately so I could fully excel at school and spend exuberant amounts of time with my friends. I am not alone in my love for this incredibly unique mastery. When I dominated this technique, it completely changed my life--and not always for the better.

In fact, I say A LOT in the check-in posts that I have homework to do, and then days later I still have to do it. I work on it some; I try to focus in my minute amounts of time, but my brain is mush. I can't. This is where procrastination is my enemy! It is so much easier to do nothing--or to find things to fill the time--than to to do the things you need to do. 
Indulge in procrastination, and in time yon will come to this, that because a thing ought to be done, therefore you can't do it. ~ Charles Buxton

Thanks, Charles. I get it.

Homework isn't the only area I tend to procrastinate while "trying" to do it. Another place is WRITING. *gasp* I know. I love writing. It's my heart. But how many times do I find other things to do instead? How many times do I replace that time with blog things or reading or sleep? Or even, twitter? A lot.

I look back on my college years and wonder what things would have been like without all the procrastination. I bet my grades would have been better. My sleep would've increased and my stress decreased. And my writing! Gosh, I could be double where I am right now if I used my time wisely. I wouldn't have to carry around the stress I do now. I'm a procrastinator. I always have been--but that doesn't mean I can't work on changing that now. In fact, I would probably enjoy so many things a lot more.
To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing. ~Eva Young
Easier said than done, I know. But there is hope! (Kinda.) The best way to break a cycle?  Well....
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney  
What can you stop talking about in your life and start doing??



1 comment:

  1. What can you stop talking about in your life and start doing??
    Ah, my love life screams to be the answer to this question, and, you know, my WIP, and Vanity Fair which I should start reading but obviously I'm not.
    Procrastination is my middle name. Sadly.

    ReplyDelete