Wednesday, November 9, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Week 1 in Review

My original plan was to pop in on Wednesdays in November and regale you with how many words I've written since you heard from me last. But then I realized that I'm kind of behind (not by A LOT, but still) and even though it's only been a week I'm already feel the Week 2 blues, so let's talk about something else. (If you're feeling cheated, you can always check my progress here! Just need to remind me to update it! :)

One of the best pieces of advice I heard going into NaNoWriMo was: Have fun! Don't kill yourself over it! Make sure to do non-writing activities! 

And I have followed this advice SPECTACULARLY! In the past week, here are the non-writing fun things I've done:

I watched some fantastic TV (a HUGE cut from the number of shows I usually watch! See? I'm being good!) 
 

Ok, since it's just us friends here, I'll be honest: I also watched some re-runs of these! (But they're SO GOOD! And for those of you about to have a seizure: No I am not putting Felicity on the same level of awesome as Doctor Who, I just happened to watch them both this week...)

 
I went out with the hubby and ate some YUMMY food:

We also went to the movies and saw (which was hilarious and full of Neil Patrick Harris-y goodness!):

I have been to the grocery store three times, the gas station twice, and a lovely, local Christmas bazaar once. The bazaar was my favorite because I got THESE!




How was your week? Are you surviving enjoying NaNoWriMo? Any other writing news to share? Any non-writing adventures to tell us about? Have you seen A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas? How badly do you want a WAFFLE-BOT now!?

1 comment:

  1. I've been really liking Once Upon a Time. It's awesome! And I hear Emilie de Ravin, Claire from Lost, is coming in next year as Belle. That should be exciting. And I'm so happy you put up a Tenant pic of Dr Who :) I love Matt Smith, but Tenant is definitely my fav.

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete