Monday, June 17, 2013

Hello from Chrystal


 
I suppose I'll jump right in and say Hi! I'm Chrystal.


I'm so excited to be joining the girls here at Tangled! I've even filled out an interview for you to get to know me a little. So, feel free to read it and try to guess which one is the lie in my last question!




If you could be any item on Mexican restaurant menu, what would you be and why? Does Taco Bell count as Mexican? If so, a doritos locos taco because they are amazing and the reason I will go to Taco Bell.

 

If you were an item of clothing what would you be and why? A scarf, I think, because I love cold weather and only want to venture out of my house in the winter/fall.

 

When's your birthday?  February 11th

 

What quote inspires you most? It’s not so much inspirational, but I love the quote, "She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain," because…well, I’m a bit crazy/odd.

 

What's a pet peeve you have? It has nothing to do with writing, but I can’t stand it when people ask when you’re going to have a baby (or have another or aren’t you done yet, etc…). I don't think people realize the weight that can be behind those questions.

 

Something about you that no one would know just by looking at you? I love tattoos. I have two that are hidden most of the time, but I’d love more. I really want one on my wrist if I ever get another!

 

Who's your favorite princess and why? Belle because it wasn’t love at first sight for her. No, he's hot! BAM. I love him.
 

Why do you want to write within the YA genre? I am a sucker for romance and my favorite is that first love the characters go through in the YA genre.

 

Which YA book character are you most like? Explain. This might sound weird because I’m picking a guy, but probably Peeta because I’m not really a fighter and I love baking.

 

Plotter or Pantser? Pantser. I don't really plan anything...in writing or life.

 

What do you like to do when you get stuck while writing to help work through it? Take a break. Maybe work on something else. Look through Pinterest for pictures that have the vibe of my wip. Listen to music.

 

Was there a specific book you read that inspired you to start writing? No. I’ve always loved reading, but my twin sister is the one who inspired me to get serious about writing.

 

What is your single most favorite thing (feel free to be as vague as you like) about your current WIP? My main character is adopted.

 

What book from childhood do you most wish you had written? What book from the past year? From my childhood, The Giver. It's one of my favorite books ever. From the past year…maybe, Shatter Me. I loved Tahereh Mafi’s style of writing.

 

Two truths and one lie about yourself.

-I’ve tried octopus.

-My parent’s didn’t know I was going to be born until I was.

-I have an outie belly button.

 

And there you have it! That's me summed up in a few questions. I look forward to posting and sharing with everyone. For now, I'll stick with the Dr. Who theme and leave you with a gif of the Doctor dancing to show my excitement. Plus, it's a pretty accurate depiction of me if I ever tried to dance.



And now you know why I don't dance! 

7 comments:

  1. The dorito tacos are awesome! I don't even mind that they make my fingers orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tacos got me through my second pregnancy! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, James...I just saw this. *Blushes* Thanks. You guys make editing enjoyable with your wonderful stories!

    ReplyDelete