Tuesday, December 17, 2013

It's coming!!!!

(I'm posting this from my phone so I apologize if the formatting is weird!!)


SALT comes out in 20 days.
The sequel is due in 33 days & I have 18.5k words.
I baked cookies for 3 hours last night. 

Now you've has insight into the life of an author.
.
.
.
.
But in all seriousness, SALT comes out in 20 days and I'm thrilled. (Mostly. Sometimes I'm scared.) 

There are a lot of reasons we write books: for a friend, for a deadline, for a character, for publication, for fun, for themselves. SALT was completely for myself; I honestly never thought it'd ever be published. 

I wrote SALT after finishing a major revision on FOLLOW ME THROUGH DARKNESS. I'd spent two years with FMTD and that book is my heartbeat but the MC is lost, the subject heavy and the world intense. I was so tired when I finished that revision and then I heard Penelope's voice. 

She made me laugh. Her story made me smile, left me feeling joyful and light. It rejuvenated me, and I wrote it. It was fun to write and read, even while drafting and rewriting and building. That was why I wrote SALT. It was fun. It was never meant to be this beautiful piece of literary genius. It was relief and escape and happiness and kissing. 

As other people read her story, they fell in love with Penelope and her voice. That's how Entangled ended up with it. It's a fun story. And even when I was doing page proofs a few weeks ago, it made me laugh. It always makes me laugh. :)

As SALT comes out in 20 days, I hope it beings you happiness for a moment and makes you laugh. (I mean the cover is purple and sparkly I think that's pretty self-explanatory for the tone of the book.) 



I hope SALT is as fun for you as it was/is for me! 

And now, back to my sequel. And the cookies. 



  photo 90e8891e-3b5f-4e5a-8ca7-70a9846bad3d_zpse6c804e5.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Exciting! :D Good luck with your book release and the second book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! Just reading about your deadline made me nervous. I'm sure you'll pound it out tho. =) Congrats on Salt, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read it! :) The cover is gorgeous! Good luck with your release and sequel!

    ReplyDelete